From: Wednesday 11 March 2020
Where: Stepping Stones Children & Family Centre, 109 Gardner Road, Fishersgate BN41 1PN
Phone: 01243 696940
UKHarvest's FREE NourishEd course will help you to understand the food you are eating and to discover what you need to eat as part of a well-balanced diet. The course will give you the confidence to prepare simple, healthy meals and have fun at the same time.
NourishEd is a 6 session course covering all aspects of healthy eating, cooking skills, meal planning, budgeting, reducing sugar, understanding food labelling, getting more active, environmental impact of food production and waste – everything participants need to be able to make good choices regarding theirs and their family's eating habits. The course includes participants completing a Level 1 Food Hygiene certificate.
• Understanding The Eatwell Guide • The Building Blocks of a Balanced Diet • Good Foundations – Building a Healthy Breakfast • Recipes
• Natural & Added 'Free' Sugar • Get Active – It really does work! • Recipes
• Food labelling -What does it all mean? • How Much – Knowing your portions • Building a Healthy Meal - Eating the rainbow! • Food Safety, Kitchen Check, Recipes
• Do we need fat in our diet? • Easy ways to reduce the fat we eat • Salt • Takeaway Temptation • Recipes
• Planning Ahead • Where to Start? • Freezing • Reheating the right way • Recipes
• Top tips for healthy eating • Keeping a food diary • How does our diet impact the environment? • Recipes
To find out more about the work that UKHarvest do and to sign up for the course, visit their website here.
We aim to provide up-to-date and accurate information, but we will not accept liability for the accuracy or currency of the information provided by third parties. Listings of events on our website should not necessarily be taken as an endorsement of that event. See our disclaimer statement for further information.