Meltdowns and Shutdowns (for parents and carers)
From: Thursday 19 November 2020
Where: Via zoom
Coping with Meltdowns and Shutdowns
This workshop is delivered by Aspie Trainers, a project which supports autistic adults to design and deliver engaging, high quality autism training which mixes thorough and up-to-date research and theory with the practical lived experiences of the trainers themselves.
This is a 2 hour virtual workshop for parents, carers and family members of children and young people.
By the end of this workshop students will be able to:
- Explain the difference between a meltdown, a shutdown and a temper tantrum
- Identify how having a meltdown or shutdown commonly impacts on an autistic person
- Understand the factors which contribute to autistic people experiencing meltdowns and/or shutdowns
- Explore ways to reduce the likelihood of meltdowns or shutdowns
- Identify ways to support autistic people during and after meltdowns and shutdowns
To find out more and to book onto the course please visit the eventbrite website.
We aim to provide up-to-date and accurate information, but we will not accept liability for the accuracy or currency of the information provided by third parties. Listings of events on our website should not necessarily be taken as an endorsement of that event. See our disclaimer statement for further information.